What is the Fertility Awareness Method?
If you’re trying to get pregnant, learning the Fertility Awareness Method is perhaps the single most important step you can take – particularly if you’re having difficulty conceiving. Fertility awareness is a simple, yet powerful tool to help you understand your body, assess your fertility and get pregnant faster.
By learning how to observe, record and interpret your natural signs of fertility, you’ll be able to identify your peak fertile days each menstrual cycle, so that you can optimise your chances of getting pregnant.
Just as importantly, the Fertility Awareness Method will also provide you with a wealth of information about your fertility health, so that you can quickly learn if there might be a problem and get the help you need without delay.
Fertility Awareness Method – what is it exactly?
The Fertility Awareness Method is a highly accurate and effective means of determining a woman’s fertile days each cycle (otherwise known as the ‘fertile window’). It can be used to both achieve and avoid pregnancy, but on this page, I’ll be focusing on its use as a tool to get pregnant.
The Fertility Awareness Method is based on the observation of scientifically proven fertility signs that all women experience during their menstrual cycles.
These fertility signs are recorded on a specially designed fertility chart, either on paper or in a digital format on your computer or device.
Once you learn how to correctly interpret this information, you’ll gain an intimate understanding of what’s happening with your fertility each menstrual cycle and you’ll know whether or not you’re fertile on any given day.
In the Fast Track to Pregnancy Program™, I take a unique approach to using the Fertility Awareness Method. Not only do I show you how to use it correctly to dramatically increase your conception chances each cycle, but I also focus on its use as a powerful diagnostic tool to pick up potential fertility problems early.
What are the fertility signs that you observe and chart?
The three primary fertility signs that the Fertility Awareness Method is based on, are:
- Basal Body Temperature (BBT)
Your BBT is taken orally every morning as you wake, with a digital thermometer
- Cervical Fluid
Cervical fluid is observed daily at the outside of the body
- Cervical Position
This fertility sign is an ‘optional extra’ which some women choose to monitor
Some women also experience a number of secondary fertility signs, and these can also be recorded. While not essential to fertility awareness, these signs can help to back up the information gathered through charting the primary fertility signs.
Fertility Awareness Method – what are the benefits?
When it comes to getting pregnant, learning the Fertility Awareness Method and charting your fertility is one of the most positive and empowering steps you can take!
Why? Because fertility awareness:
- can dramatically increase your chances of getting pregnant each cycle*
- provides an intimate look into your own unique fertility, providing answers to many important questions
- puts you back in control so that you feel empowered and less stressed when trying to conceive
- provides an excellent tool to help you and your doctor assess your gynecological and fertility health
- can identify potential fertility problems early, so you don’t waste precious time in getting the help you need
81% of couples will conceive within just 6 menstrual cycles and 92% within just 12 cycles (1)
When it comes to getting pregnant, fertility awareness is worth its weight in gold. But ONLY if it’s learnt and practiced correctly. Without a clear understanding of how to properly use this information to maximise your conception chances, ironically you can risk delaying pregnancy unnecessarily. Check out Kathy’s story, for an example of how this can happen.
What can my Fertility Charts tell me?
Each menstrual cycle, your fertility chart will allow you to:
- find out if you’ve ovulated (released an egg) and pinpoint the day it occurred
- identify your peak fertile days (for many couples this will be only 2 – 3 days each cycle)
- know for sure when you can relax and take a break from baby-making (which, actually, is most of the time!)
- discover if your cycle was fertile
- know exactly when to expect your next period (especially helpful if you have irregular cycles!)
- find out early if you’re likely to be pregnant
- discover if you’ve had an early miscarriage
- identify potential fertility problems such as lack of ovulation, luteal phase defects, hormonal imbalances, repeat early miscarriage and more
Fertility awareness is easy to learn with the Fast Track to Pregnancy Program™. You’ll be guided by an expert, step by step through the process of learning the Fertility Awareness Method. And within just a few days, you’ll be able to start using this powerful tool to help you get pregnant faster.
Interested? Sign up here today, to grab a small taste of the Fast Track to Pregnancy Program™ for FREE!